Archive

Sunday 4 June 2017



Written by Yu Han

  Since this is our last blog, I want to address something different today. Rather than talk about the urban street culture as usual. I would love to compare the streets between urban and countryside. The reason why I want to write about this is because I went to a beautiful city this weekend. The city is called Nagahama. Nagahama is located in Shiga prefecture, Japan. For the purpose of tourism and to see Mt. Fuji, I and my friends stayed two nights in Nagahama. I do not know a lot about this city, but the pretty scenery really caught my eyes.  

Picture taken in Nagahama

  As soon as I arrived at Nagahama, I felt the peacefulness that I didn't feel in the urban area of Tokyo and Kanagawa. Nagahama does not have large population, nor has squeezing buildings. The open field allowed me to see all the beauty of nature. The breeze was also very calming. I truly felt the different atmosphere there than urban areas. The different atmospheres makes me reluctantly come back to Kanagawa.

Picture taken inside the hotel

Outside of the hotel

  Sadly we have to leave this morning. And I did feel the extreme differences between the Nagahama and Tokyo. The jam traffics and crowded people are what makes the countryside more peaceful and soothing. 
 
The crowded city
  Instead of travel back to Tokyo or any city in Japan, I would sure visit some countrysides more during my travel to Japan next time. I am obsessed with the wonderful views and the peacefulness.  
The extraordinary view of Mt.Fuji